Garbage in, garbage out. Focus on what seeds you’re planting in your mind and body.
I’m learning about this because I’m absolutely guilty of this too but I’m working on it.
I’m building this plane as I’m flying it.
No matter how good your brain is (and it’s unbelievable) if you keep putting garbage in, you’ll get garbage out.
- Comparison to others
- Social media and click bait headlines
- Toxic people or those who are so negative, if you put them in a dark room they’d develop 😂
- Thoughts on what we don’t have, who we aren’t, what we’re not doing
- Not saying no and hating yourself for doing everything for everyone else but not focusing on your own needs or balance
- Lack of confidence
- No motivation
- Feeling stuck
- Feeling lost
- Frustrated with no progress
Instead, what if you planted a different set of seeds? What could grow?
The inputs I’m trying to create:
- Shifting my focus to what I can create rather than consume
- Aiming for progress in areas like fitness, relationships, hobbies, reading etc.
- Surrounding myself with people who are trying to become better
- Being thoughtful in appreciating others around me and noticing them
- Being present with others by turning off notifications on my phone other than calls
- Regular sleep and exercise routine
- Eat good and treat myself too
- Walking in nature to remind me of who we really are and what’s important
- I feel progress
- I’m energised by the people I speak to
- I’m learning from everyone I meet
- I feel a difference in energy and mindset
- I’m able to show up in front of those I speak of, proud of myself
It’s not always easy.
Often it’s messy.
But it’s progress, daily and I know it compounds.
Can I help you feel progress? Happy to.